Don Mills Rd & Duncan Mill Rd
18 Graydon Hall Dr, North York
Don Mills Rd & Duncan Mill Rd
18 Graydon Hall Dr, North York
Don Mills is a legendary community, master planned from Day One. The Ontario Heritage Foundation designated Don Mills as a heritage site, the only community so honoured in the province.
Tridel's Argento condominium community is the next step in the urban evolution of the area, a natural progression in elegance and beauty, thoughtfully enriching the community's storied history.
Located on a hilly plateau of land that rises above the undulating contours of the Don Ravine, the Graydon community was once primarily farmland, with a grist mill on the bank of the Don River where the Donalda Club golf course now rests. One of the earlier residents of Graydon was David Duncan, a wealthy land baron. His house, built in 1865, is now the David Duncan House, one of North York's finest dining establishments, conveniently located just down the road from Argento, at Don Mills Road and Moatfield Drive.
Graydon Hall, from which the Graydon community gets its name, was built in 1936 in the Georgian manor style by wealthy financier Henry Rupert Bain. The luxurious mansion was 130 feet long and 50 feet wide and occupied an immense plot of land that included a park, race track, lodge house, stables for champion race horses and a private golf course. Now a landmark of Canada's first master-planned community, this Don Mills manor home remains and is a favourite Toronto destination for weddings and elegant affairs.
Argento condo Amenities
- 8'-6" ceiling on ground floor, 3rd to 9th floor
- 9' ceiling on 2nd floor and 10th to 25th floor
- 10' ceiling on 26th floor (penthouse)
- 5" paint-finish contemporary-style baseboards with 3" matching door casings.
- 7" baseboard on penthouse floor only
- Premium plank-laminate floating floor
- Framed mirrored sliding doors on entrance closets*
- Architecturally designed, double-pane windows with operable awning
- Contemporary full height kitchen cabinetry to underside of bulkhead and under-cabinet lighting
- Choice of ceramic backsplash tile
- Choice of quartz or granite countertop with polished single square edge and under-mount square single basin stainless-steel sink
- Energy Star® high-efficiency, time-delay stainless-steel dishwasher
- Energy Star® high-efficiency, stainless-steel counter depth bottom-mount refrigerator
- Built-in microwave with high capacity hood fan in stainless steel, vented to the exterior
- Self-cleaning 30" slide-in range with ceran top in stainless steel
- Contemporary cabinetry with white cultured marble vanity top
- Vanity-width, shelf framed mirror with integrated drawer in vanity millwork
- Pressure-balanced temperature-controlled shower faucet
- High-pressure, low-flow shower head(s)
- Dual-flush, low-flow high-performance toilet(s)
- Designer-selected porcelain floor tiles
- Stacked front-loading dryer and Energy Star® high-efficiency front-loading washer
- Concierge-monitored two-way communication from select zones in underground garage and entry area
- Personally encoded suite intrusion alarm system
- Emergency response key chain pendants, usable in select areas within the underground garage
- (with purchase of parking unit)
- Surveillance cameras in select locations in the building, grounds and garage
- Computer-controlled access system provided at visitor main entry points
- In-suite sprinkler system and hard-wired fire alarm speaker
- Individual metering of electricity, hot water, heating and cooling consumption
- Central building water filtration system
- Energy recovery ventilator (ERV) for fresh air and energy recovery
- Advanced in-suite structured wiring
- Central high-speed wiring connection point
- Pre-wired cable and telephone outlets in living room, bedroom(s) and den**
The Tridel Group of Companies is one of the largest residential Real Estate Groups in Canada. The Group consists of several affiliates focused in diverse areas of real estate including development, sales, construction, property management and other related real estate services. It is the largest builder of condominiums in the Toronto area. Since being founded in the 1930s. To date, the Tridel Group of Companies is responsible for producing over 80,000 homes, and Property Management divisions manage 45,000 condo suites, over 14,000 rental units, 15 million square feet of residential and commercial rental space, and 45,000 acres of land. The Tridel Group of Companies, continues to lead the industry in innovation, technology & design. Tridel has over 5,000 condominium homes currently under construction in the GTA, with each community being built to LEED standards, or as we like to brand it, Tridel Built Green. Built for Life
Rafael + Bigauskas Architects Inc. is a Toronto based architectural practice. The principals bring to the firm a breadth of experience spanning twenty five years, and a portfolio which includes residential, mixed use, commercial and retail projects. The firm’s residential portfolio is extensive and comprehensive. The total built residential volume exceeds 35,000 dwelling units, which comprises more than 150 buildings of various forms and applications. The building forms range from single family homes, townhouses, and subdivisions to mid-rise and high-rise residential. These dwelling units accommodated a variety of residential applications including rental, cooperative, government subsidized and condominium building types.
The firm also specializes in master planning and feasibility studies, in conjunction with various mixed use developments. Master plans for several multiple projects have incorporated an average of 1500 units of both social and condominium housing types. As well as the building project portfolio, the firm has regularly provided consulting services. They have been involved in several collaborative efforts, and have also assumed the role of prime consultant. Over the years Rafael + Bigauskas has established a reliable and cogent consultant base. These affiliations include landscape architects, structural, mechanical, electrical and civil engineers, as well as interior designers, urban planners, and marketing consultants. The firm has also been involved in joint ventures with other architects, in international competitions, and large scale projects. Whether working as the prime consultant or as an integral part of the team, the Rafael + Bigauskas mandate has been to provide thorough, efficient and pertinent services.
Interior Design - Hefele Makowka Design Associates