CONDOMINIUMS. SHOPS. CAFÉS. RESTAURANTS. PARK. HOTEL.
- Storey: 51
- Units: 559
- Suite size range: 514-1095sf
- Suite type: 1 Bedroom to 3 Bedroom
- Residential floors: 7th floor and above
- Amenity floors: 6th & 7th floor
- Podium: Office located on Floors 2-6
Neighbourhood Context City and Site
Neighbourhood Context City and Site
Spanning a full city block, the proposed development is bounded by Queen Street East, Shuter Street, Dalhousie Street, and Mutual Street. It is located in the Church-Yonge Corridor, positioned between the tall towers of the Financial core to the southwest and the low-rise residential neighbourhood of Cabbagetown in the northeast.
The Church-Yonge Corridor continues to intensify with a high concentration of proposed and under construction projects. Proximity to cultural hubs, transit, higher education institutions and the Financial District increases the demand for high-density residential developments. The neighbourhood serves a diverse community, revitalization strategies in this area are primarily focused on preserving the neighbourhood’s historical character and implementing design that is sensitive to existing communities and supportive housing initiatives. This development aims to gain acceptance in a neighbourhood fearful of change but in need of a mixed-use community that introduces new employment and commercial opportunities while reinforcing access, security, connectivity, placemaking, and future growth.
Panoramic View on the 50th floor
88 Queen is a brownfield redevelopment of a full-block parking lot. The project aims to transform this void into a vibrant mixed-use community that prioritizes the walkable urban environment and provides a suitable transition between the densely built downtown core to the west, and the low-rise residential neighbourhoods to the east.
The proposed development has the opportunity to create a new ‘destination’ east of the downtown core that draws people to live, work, and play—rooting itself in the fabric of the neighbourhood. Opportunities afforded by the public realm and open space typology include two outdoor communal hubs—a POPS and public park—and a brick lined retail-animated mews that will provide connections through the project for flexible use, spillover space for adjacent merchants, and dynamic shortcuts as stimulating alternatives for pedestrian movement through the city.
- 4 minute Walk to Queen Subway station and Future Ontario Line, also served by the 24-hour 501 Queen street car
- 6 minute Walk to Toronto EATON Centre
- 11 minute Walk to the Financial District
- Easy access to PATH network – connected to Six subway stations, two major department stores, eight major hotels, and a railway terminal are all accessible through PATH
- Located just 4 minutes from Ryerson University which is one of Canada’s top universities — with a current student population of over 45,000 students studying across a wide range of popular fields, and minutes walk to George Brown College (St. James Campus) and University of Toronto (St. George campus)
- 2 Minutes Walk to St. Michael’s Hospital with over 9,000 staff, nurses, and doctors
- Minutes away from historic Massey Hall, Yonge-Dundas Square, big Broadway plays at Ed Mirvish Theatre and the Elgin and Winter Garden Theatre Centre and St. Lawrence Market.
Other nearby distinguished Toronto attractions:
- Sporting venues Scotiabank Arena and Rogers Centre
- Tourist landmarks the CN Tower, Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada, and the Hockey Hall of Fame Harbourfront
97/100 Walk Score and a 100/100 Transit Score
- Infinity Edge Swimming Pool & Jacuzzi
- Hammock Garden
- Outdoor Fireplace lounge
- Outdoor dining with BBQ stations
- Exercise Room
- Outdoor Yoga
- Digital Training Room
- Dining/Lounge with kitchen
- Indoor Garden
- Co-working Office
- 2 Guest Suites
Internationally, St. Thomas Development companies have, over the past two decades, built distinctive residential and commercial properties in the Far East and in North America. Included are landmark developments like the multi-million dollar, ultra-luxurious Double Bay Residences and Tai Tam Road Condominiums in Hong Kong.