Residences From The High $300's
Residences From The High $300's
Located in the heart of Yorkville, surrounded by world-class elegance, designer label shopping, gourmet eateries, chic salons and spas and fine hotels. Culture enthusiasts can experience a spectacular array of attractions mere minutes from home. Walk a few steps to the Yonge/Bloor subway adn be anywhere in the city. Eight Cumberland's proximity to the subway makes it an ideal choice for students at U of T, Ryerson and many colleges.
Eight Cumberland is a new high-rise mixed-use condominium development currently in pre-construction by Yonge Street and Bloor Street located at 2-8 Cumberland Street and 826-834 Yonge Street in Toronto, Ontario. This proposed development is by Great Gulf & Phantom Developments and will consist of a 64 storey building with 531 residential units coming soon.
This development site is located at the north-west corner of Yonge Street and Cumberland Street with approxiately 1,414 square metres of retail/commercial space located in the ground level and in the second floor. Total gross floor area is about 41,979 square metres. The proposed 61 storey residential tower will be constructed behind the three storey-podium which will retain the existing heritage building facades along Yonge Street will be restored and incorporated into the podium to be constructed at the base of the new tower. Including the proposed podium, this new condominium development will have a total of 64 storeys in height.
Eight Cumberland Condos will have a total of 531 proposed residential dwelling units of which 413 will be one bedroom units and 118 will be two bedroom units.
There will be 4 levels of proposed underground parking for 91 vehicles as well as four car-share parking spaces. The ramp to the underground parking and loading areas is located on the west side of the site by a new driveway. There is also 478 proposed bicycle parking spaces for residents and 54 for visitors located at ground level.
Outdoor amenity space will be located on the fourth floor with 532 square metres of space. There will also be 597 square metres of indoor amenity space located also on this level. Another 597 square metres of indoor residential amenity space is also located on the fifth floor.
Access to the residential lobby/lounge area is located on Cumberland Street.
An Iconic Architecture
- Stunning architectural limestone, granite and glass clad exterior
- Spectacular landscaped podium with enchanting water feature
- Magnificent gallery-style ground floor
- Lobby with brilliant backdrop of the new Sculpture Garden
- 24-hour Concierge Station and elegantly furnished
- Lounge Entry phone system High-speed elevators with custom designed cabs
- Designer selected broadloom in corridors
8 Cumberland will have 4 levels of underground parking for 91 vehicles as well as four car-share parking spaces. There will be 478 proposed bicycle parking spaces for residents and 54 for visitors located at ground level.
- Aquatics Centre complete with an indoor Pool and invigorating Whirlpool Spa
- Walkout from Pool to a gorgeous outdoor
- Sun Deck and Lounge Separate
- Men’s and Women’s Change Rooms with showers, day lockers and Steam Room
- State-of-the-art Fitness Auditorium with circuit training and cardio equipment
- Inspiring Meditation Yoga/Studio
- Reception Lounge and Dining Room for private events with access to Outdoor Terrace
- Spectacular Outdoor Terrace with covered modern bar & prep kitchen, gas BBQs & seating lounge
- 2 well-appointed Guest Suites for the benefit of your overnight company**
You will find Elegant Open Concept Designs in the Condo Suites with features including:
- Tall 8’6” high smooth painted ceilings in principal rooms*
- Expansive floor to ceiling windows
- High quality laminate plank flooring* throughout except in tiled areas
- Painted slab swing interior doors with designer-selected hardware
- Frameless sliding closet doors where shown as sliding doors on plan (Schedule A)
- Provision for telephone outlet in bedroom(s), den and living room
- Provision for cable outlet in bedroom(s), den and living room
- Switched capped ceiling outlet in foyer, hallways, bedroom(s) and walk-in closets
- Switched wall outlets in living room and den
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Stacked washer and matching dryer
A new mixed-use high-rise residential condominium development by Great Gulf & Phantom Developments in the Bloor-Yorkville neighbourhood of Toronto, Ontario with a proposed 64 storey building and 531 dwelling units.
Phantom Developments is a family-owned real estate developer who have "extensive experience in developing quality residential, commercial and industrial spaces that enhance the communities in which they live". They were previously a leader in the Canadian apparel industry and transitioned smoothly into the development side of the business. Through Phantom's development partner Castle Point Realty Partners Ltd., they are an investor in the L-Tower project. This is an iconic condominium that joins the Sony Centre at Front Street and Yonge Street.
Phantom Developments started in the condo market in the 1990's building a 35 storey condo at 1001 Bay which ended up being one of the most successful selling condominium developments of the 1990's and also developed the Emerald Gates townhouse complex at Bathurst and Steeles. In addition to developing residential condominiums, Phantom Developments also has a large portfolio of over 2 million square feet of commercial leasing space and industrial buildings and has been a silent partner involved in investing in condo projects.
Page + Steele Architects is an award-winning architectural firm that was founded over 75 years ago by architects Forsey Page and Harland Steele in Toronto, Ontario. Recently, the firm became a subsidiary of IBI Group and is now known as Page + Steele / IBI Group Architects. This firm specializes in the design of retail, office, residential and hotel uses. Some of their projects include the Hazelton Hotel and Residences in Yorkville, the Yorkdale Condos, the Ritz Carlton Hotel and Residences in Toronto and The Met at 21 Carlton.
Together, Phantom Developments and Page + Steele / IBI Group Architects will collaborate to design and develop the 8 Cumberland Condos located in the Bloor-Yorkville neighborhood.